The drawing from 1640 gives an impressive picture of the location of the cirque lake at the foot of the Hornisgrinde. According to the artist's imagination, the lake is not animated by mermaids, but by giant lizard-like mythical creatures.
New construction of St. Michael's Chapel.
Death of the tenant Bürk.
Continuation of the hotel by the Bürk family until 1977.
Release of the house, basic renovation; the old part of the house demolished and rebuilt. Removal of the garages on the lake, the guard house, the heating house and the barbed wire. Demolition of the new youth hostel due to road expansion.
Construction of a staff house, new plantings at the lake. Tourism slowly starts again.
The refuge at the Mummelsee was operated for the first time during the summer in 1872.